Your To-do list before you plan to move
1. Book a moving company:
Get yourself booked, a week before you plan to move, with us to assure the best services at the best prices.
2. Get your Du/Etisalat account transferred:
Spare an hour of your day and head to the nearest Du/Etisalat center to file a transfer application for your move.
• How long will this process take? You will be approached by the technicians within 3 days once you’ve applied for the transfer, to get your line connected.
• When should I apply for the transfer? At least 3 to 4 days before you plan to move
• How much will this cost me? Not more than AED 100
3. Assign for Ejari:
To get this step done you will either have to visit a typing center or will have to apply for it online.
• When should I do this? You can do this right after you move out. Since, it is authorized by the government so don’t delay it considerably.
• How much will this cost me? AED 195
• What documents will I require for the whole procedure? Passport copy, Emirates ID copy, Tenancy contract, DEWA contract, Connection receipt and a Title deed.
4. Get the DEWA account disconnected at your old place:
You can proceed this process either by applying for the disconnection online or by paying the DEWA office a visit.
• How long will it take me? Once you have applied for the disconnection you will receive your final bill within 2 to 3 days of processing.
• What should be my next step after applying? Pay your DEWA bills at the DEWA office & collect your deposits from customer service counter.
• When, by latest, should I do this? 7 days before you move
• What documents will I require? Passport or Emirates ID copy, previous DEWA bill.
• How much will it cost me? No charges
5. Get the DEWA account connected at your new place:
Once again you’ll have to submit an application to get your DEWA connected. You can do that either by going on their online website portal or by visiting their office. You should submit your application at least 3 days before you plan to move in.
• What documents will I require? Passport copy, Emirates ID copy, filled out and signed DEWA form, 9 digit DEWA premise number, title deed to your new place, Landlord’s passport copy or ID along with a copy of the tenancy contract.
• How much will this cost me? The costs can vary from 4000 AED to 110 AED. If you are planning to move in your villa you will be charged AED 4000 but if you are moving in an apartment you will be charged only AED 2000. (additional information: there is also a DEWA connection charge for only AED 110)
6. Schedule a cleaning service for your old house:
Moving out can be hard enough on its own but on the top of all you might not get your deposits back if you leave that place as a mess. So book a cleaning service and get your whole place cleaned right after you are done packing.
• How will this help me? By doing so, you will be prepared for a move-out inspection. You can get all your deposits back and walk away without any damage fees.
7. Schedule a cleaning service for your new house:
Walking straight into a garbage can isn’t very appealing. You, for sure need to get your new place a cleaning before you finally move in. Get that done before moving in.
8. Get your Deposits back:
Last but not the least, after the move-out inspection, make sure to get all your deposits back and walk proudly away without any damage fees.
And that’s everything you need to get checked on your to-do list before your Big move. You got this!
Still got questions up in your head? Feel free to contact us.